The purpose of the Go10 Walk for the World is to challenge young people to consider their role in reaching the nations with the gospel in their generation.
The walk begins Monday, April 5, 2010, at the church in Glennville, GA, Laura Belle Barnard attended before her call to missionary service in India in 1935. Events are planned along the route to commemorate major steps in her life:
- Columbia, SC — attended college; Columbia International University
- Greenville, NC — commissioned for missionary service: Black Jack FWB Church
- New York, NY — departed for India; Hephzibah House, Pier 58
- Nashville, TN — taught at Free Will Baptist Bible College; FWBBC
- Oklahoma City, OK — grand finale at the National Association
See the Go10 Walk map for dates and specifics about each event.
40-Day Pre-Walk Journey
A 40-day guide is provided to aid participants in preparing—both spiritually and physically—for their 10-mile walk. Devotional thoughts, Scripture memorization, action steps, missionary stories, video and audio files, health tips, etc. will make it possible for each walker to train for the walk.
An anonymous donor has pledged to match all monies raised through this walk—up to $500,000. This walk provides an opportunity to raise over $1,000,000... that’s one million dollars!... to share the gospel with those who have never heard it.